"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

6/2/10

Daily Life, 53

More random comments:

Second Grade, Frankie*: Ms N, my Dad snores so loud I can hear him from my bunk bed!

First Grade, Kate*: Do you know what? My Grandmom calls when she's sad because her husband died. I make her feel better by being sweet.

And in Kindergarten:
Kids were 'drawing the music' while listening to it....I'd said something about everyone having music inside them, and how important it is to listen to that music.

Walking around, looking at the pictures....

Me Wow, Matthew*, that picture rocks! You drew a drum set inside that guy's body!

Matthew* Well, see, the music he hears is really loud. It's in his heart.

Wow.


*Matthew, Kate and Frankie are, of course, real kids---but these aren't their real names.

No comments: