"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

1/13/11

Daily Life, 102

Today, I was in a second grade classroom during their literacy block--sitting on the floor with small groups of children while we took turns reading aloud. 

Max*    Would you please help me to hold this book up? It's pretty big, and my head hurts.

Me   Sure.  I'm sorry to hear that you have a headache, Max.

Max*    No, it's not a headache, really.  My spine just hurts from the top of my backbone all the way to the bottom.

Me    Ouch!

Max*   Yeah, well....it happened last night when my Dad and me were headbanging to Metallica.




....yikes.....


*Max, of course, is not this young heavy metal music fan's actual name....

No comments: