"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

5/21/10

Daily Life, 48

This, from one of our Kindergarten teachers:


Ms. D* Nate*, why are you playing with your matchbox car instead of finishing your work?

Nate* I'm tired of school. I don't wanna be in school anymore.

Ms. D* Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but you still have to finish your work.

Nate* You know what? I'm not gonna come to school tomorrow.

Ms. D* Really? Why?

Nate* I'm going to have a sore throat tomorrow.


Spring fever??



*Nate and Ms. D are, of course, not the real names of these two people from Kindergarten-land.

No comments: