"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

9/9/10

Daily Life, 61

Grade 1, talking about favorite foods during morning meeting:

Alexandra*   "My Mother's mac and cheese!  I'd eat it every day.  She adds extra butter and cheese and crunchy things.  It's yummy."

Rian*   "I know what artichokes are.  But I can't eat them right now, until my bottom two grownup teeth come in."


Stuey*   "My favorite food is gum.  Did you know I've had this gum (in his mouth at the time) since yesterday?"







*These budding gourmets' names are, of course, changed.  Just as their food delights may, in the future..
 

No comments: