"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

9/7/10

First Day of School

  "Xylophones? We get to play xylophones this year?"

"Hey! She said we get to lounge on the floor while we listen..."

"I really wanted to play the drum with the ropes, because I'm really really good at it. I hid my head because I wanted to keep my crying inside  so that I wouldn't be embarrassed in front of the class."

"My pockets make jingling noises."

"I'm the best whistler in my family. Listen."

"I don't know where my classroom is, and I'm only 5..."

"My daughter just got a fulltime job today."

"We're working on that."

"Just clarifying what was actually said."

"What?! We're going to learn how to play ukuleles?"

"I don't like to sing in front of other people.  No, I don't want to even just stand with the group, because I don't like to stand with other people.  OK, I would rather just be the audience. That's probably going to be OK."

"I told you my name once already.  You already forgot?!"

"Electric Bass? and Banjos?  AND Ukes??  ...That's coooool."

No comments: