"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

11/25/10

Thanksgiving

Adult         "What do you say when someone gives you something?"

Child (in a singsong voice)    "Thank you!"

We teach our children  on an ongoing basis, to say thank you for all kinds of small everyday gifts and services.....and sometimes I, at least, forget to practice what I teach.

So just in case you didn't know:  I'm grateful that you take the time to stop by here, and visit awhile.
Thank you for reading--and to all of you who've given me kind comments in person, about what I write: thank you.

It's an amazing thing to be able to do what makes your heart sing inside, for a living, each day.  That's what teaching is for me:  being around kids---- working to learn from them, with them, and for them----being around adults who care about both children and education---having a small spot in the long pathway through time, of teachers and learners.

I'm grateful for all of that,  and I'm grateful that you share it a bit with me by reading (and sometimes commenting!)  here.

Thank you----Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: