"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

10/13/10

Daily Life, 79

Fourth Grade Music class today, talking about Halloween stories, sound effects, and scary songs...

Anna*    I love, love, love Halloween!
Kids       Me, too! Me, too!
Susanna*   Not me.
Anna*     How come?
Susanna*   I know myself too well.  I can't take any kind of scary anything.



Wow....imagine knowing yourself well enough---before you've even reached your double digits, too--to realize where your boundaries are.   Amazing.


See you tomorrow.

--K



*Anna and Susanna are, of course, not these astute youngster's real names.

No comments: