"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

10/9/10

Learning Link, 31

Simple ways to become a leader....

...with or without the title.


Trent Hamm, over at The Simple Dollar blog,  has some good ideas for how to start (or continue) becoming a linchpin....a leader. 

  I agree with most of his points except for his comment about dealing with negative talk about others: he says, " My tactic is to usually be quiet when people are being disparaged, but speak up quite a bit when the conversation is more positive".    

I don't agree.  For me,  being quiet implies agreement with what's being said.  Instead, I'd rather either say,  "That's how you see this, but it's not the way that I do"  and/or directly offer a counter-balancing viewpoint, preferably with concrete examples for support.

That said, everything else he had to say was pretty helpful.   Check out the entire article here.


See you tomorrow.

--K

No comments: