"The free play of art is the result of mastery. " --Ernst Fischer, The Necessity of Art

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." --Ladybird Johnson

"...a well-trained ear, a well-trained intelligence, a well-trained heart, and a well-trained hand...." --Zoltan Kodaly

10/11/10

Learning Link, 32

How to re-frame a habit of procrastinating

Now, don't get me wrong here:  I don't procrastinate about everthing.   Just about some things.

For years, that's been a source of confusion and frustration for me.  "Why am I not doing this, when I know it needs to be finished?"    "I wish I'd started this sooner..."

Well,  Jason Fitzpatrick has a good post on Lifehacker on just this topic.  He's reviewing Neil Fiore's groundbreaking book, The Now Habit--and adding to the conversation some pertinent comments of his own.

Think you're just being lazy when you procrastinate?  Fiore, a psychologist, has other ways of viewing the habit.  He also has some helpful ideas for changing your ways, if you're so inclined.

It looks great to me....interested in knowing more?  Check out Fitzpatrick's Lifehacker post here.

hmmm....perhaps, after we go get a cup of coffee or something.

See you tomorrow.

--K

No comments: